Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's been forever since I've updated. That's because for a two and half month period I have a life that doesn't allow for extras....like updates./Coaching, while starting the school year as a teacher does that. Coaching is over for awhile..and soon I'll upload images of all my recent work. Been focusing a lot on the Penile Colony series. Also started a new one that looks at ways we move through life and I am using water as a metaphor for life and it's challenges. the image update will clarify this...no limit to were I can go with it and it's fun. Though I don't know if I enjoy the Penile Colony series more..we'll see. My work reflects a new influence. I have a friend named Wes Wheeler..his style is very Rothko-ish...contemporary color field work. I'll put up a link to his work soon. Anyways..he paints with palette knives. I love the textures he gets with palette knives and also the smoothness they are capable of.Since I am very interested in textures and patterns it made sense to see what would happen when I included the knife work. C'est bon!!!

1 comment: