Thursday, November 26, 2009

Working with a model

It's been a long time since I worked with a nude model..but I wasn't able to find and work with the type of images I wanted. I wanted more unusual perspectives (mostly extreme angles from above or below or with extreme foreshortening)so I contacted a former student,Tom Lail, who is a art professor at HVCC. He helped put me in touch with one of his steady models. Had the photo shoot about a week ago. Got most of the poses and angles I wanted, but it was hard. My model kept dancing around trying to show me the various yoga poses he was capable of.I wasn't interested in that type of pose , but he wouldn't stop. And he wouldn't stop talking.The things I was looking for wouldn't look like the stiff and artificial things he was doing and it was hard to get him to relax into the poses I wanted so they wouldn't look like he was posing. I felt like I was in a Saturday night skit and wished I had it all on video.Picture dancing,arms swinging, doing arabesques, sitting down tied up in knots.It's a good thing I manipulate all my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment